Ishq - Riyaaz Qawwali's latest album
Riyaaz Qawwali’s 2nd CD features ghazals that are composed and performed in qawwali style. The selected pieces range from contemporary to classic poets. The CD tracks take writings that may have one angle and add another dimension more commonly found in qawwalis.
Tracks included are:
- Tujhe Dekhen (When I Look At You) - Bahadur Shah Zafar
- Mahi Ve Tere (To Steal a Glance of You) - Folk
- Itna Bhi Karam Unka (Even This Small Gesture By You) - Tahir Faraz
- Bohut Kathin Hai (A Difficult Journey) - Amir Khussrau
- Rone Se Ishq Mein Bebak Ho Gaye (Weeping Deepened My Love) - Mirza Ghalib
The ghazal genre does not concentrate on the questions of who or why, nor does it create limitations to the portrayal of the Beloved. What ghazals emphasize are the themes of love itself and the tribulations of the lover . The lover must endure in their unconditional admiration for the Beloved and quest for Union. Ghazals narrate the journey of the lover-protagonist and the suffering, cruelty, and sacrifices in their attempts to reach the beloved.